Gunpowder tea information:
Gunpowder tea, which called "Zhucha" in Pinyin, also
known as "pearl" tea in China. Gunpowder tea is so-called
because it is rolled into small balls resembling gunpowder pellets.
Gunpowder tea is one of the main Chinese green teas for export.
The main China producing area of gunpowder tea is Zhejiang province.
Pinhead gunpowder tea is produced in
Pinshui town of Shaoxing City in Zhejiang province. As historical
records state, Pinshui town was ever the largest marketplace and
trade area for gunpowder tea, so Zhejiang green tea is prouded by
"Pinhead gunowder tea" internationally stage by stage.
The quality of gunpowder tea is examined and appraised by the following
(tea before infusion):
- Body: The body to be small, rounded, tight and heavy body is
the bette; The tea with large, oval, loose and unwound body is
- Regularity : The tea which correctly blended to match the standard
sample of each grade is the better..
- Color: The tea with dark green and looks smooth is the better;
The tea with scorched color is the worse.
(tea in infusion):
- Soup color:The tea with bright and green/olivine cup color is
the better. The tea with deeply yellow and unclear cup color is
- Fragrance: The tea with pure and lasting fragrance is the better;
The tea with coarse and short fragrance is the worse.
- Taste: Mellow and tasty taste is the better; Harsh and weak
taste is the worse.